Easter Menu 2012: (Switzerland)
This was our first year in Switzerland for the Easter Holiday. To say that Easter is as big of holiday here in this Catholic village as Christmas, would be an understatement.
It’s been a while since I’ve prepared a nice holiday meal plus I had my parents visiting, so this was the year. I shopped for fresh Lamb, and began to create my menu. Here it is. I hope you get some inspiration.
To create a soft vintage feeling for the day, complete with home-made table decoration, champagne, and chocolate eggs.
- Rubeli (Carrots)
- Mashed Potatoes
- Ham (cooked in pressure cooker with cabbage)
- Leg of lamb (slow roasted in olive oil sauce with fresh rosemary herbs)
- Cauliflower (cooked in heavy cream and butter)
- sautéed mushrooms (slow cooked in wine and butter)
- mixed green salad (Nüssli-Salat, soft butter lettuce and sprouts)
- easter bread (Zopf)
- Local Proseco to begin
- Local Riesling and Pinot Noir for the table