Source: Beerli Recipe about 1952
‘Very Good’ was the caption on this old, old recipe from my father-in-law, Guido. I think he knew his stuff…very good indeed! I made these the very first time over Christmas 1998 and my husband found the tin can in which they were stored. Must I say more…
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 40 minutes
Servings 5 people
- 2 eggs
- 200 gr sugar fine
- 125 gr almonds ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 3 Tbs white flour
- 125 gr chocolate grated
- powder sugar to dust
- Mix eggs and sugar and beat until if foams
- Then add the rest of the ingredients in order.
- Form from the mass about nut size balls and roll them in a bowl of powder sugar.
- Then put them on a baking sheet to dry for about 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven 150-170°C (low heat) and bake for about 20 minutes.
- The balls should get some cracks and should be a little moist inside.