Source: Adapted from Betty Crocker cookbook. cir. 2012
Clara’s Caramel Chip Cookies: This recipe makes it to heritage because after all it is a family recipe, even if it is a fresh new one. My daughter had a hankering for chocolate chip cookies. Living in Europe is definitely another continent when it comes to chocolate chips. Needless to say, my organic Trader Joe’s chocolate chips were no where to be found! So, the old saying “when in Rome…” came to light. What I did have were caramel chips. It seemed enough a possibility that it got my little daughter to work creating her new version of the chocolate chip…the caramel chip cookie.
Clara’s Caramel Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour an organic, all purpose is good. More white than anything else.
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 200 Grams butter organic, and room temperature
- 2 large eggs local, organic
- 1 1/2 cups sugar organic turbinado sugar or raw
- 1 cup caramel chips organic if possible
- 1/2 cups walnuts organic and chopped
- Warm oven @ 200º C. Line cookie sheet with baking paper, set aside.
- Combine sugar and soft butter and mix w/ mixer until a soft dough forms. Add eggs, one at a time.
- After you have combined in a separate bowl the dry ingredients, mix the wet with the dry using a spatula or hands to evenly bind. Now, add your caramel and nuts.
- When batter is evenly mixed begin to scoop dough with an ice cream scooper, plotting the uncooked cookies in a row. Remember that they will expand and grow during the baking process, so allow enough space in between. Bake in oven for approx. 15 min.
- Cool after baking.