Jamies Insanity Burger, a genuine recipe by Jamie Oliver, is maybe one of the most satisfying and delicious burgers I’ve ever had. I’m no stranger to burgers, and have been making them for many years. What thrilled me most about this recipe was the fresh buns, and the lettuce sauce. It makes this burger ooze and drip with flavor that you just don’t want to miss. Anyone who’s a fan of Jamie Oliver knows his unique and effortless qualities that he harmonizes with food. He takes the simple and makes it dazzling. Burgers are simple. But with a few tweaks and imaginative additions, the simple just got insane! This burger recipe is a reflection and a creation from someone who loves food.
The special bits of this recipe are the fresh made buns, the fresh (home ground) Fleisch, the special salad sauce and pickled onion. A flavor packed burger with every corner of flavor matched. It’s an Insanity burger for sure!
Jamies Insanity Burger
Go for it, and enjoy every step of this recipe!
For the rolls (a brioche inspired recipe)
- 2 1/4 Tassen Mehl 500 Gramm
- 1 Prise Salz a few pinches
- 1 TBS Hefe soft or 20g.
- 1/4 Tasse Butter 60 Gramm, cut in small
- 1 TBS Zucker
- 1 Mittel Ei
- 1 Tasse Milch 3dl warm
- 1 klein Ei for a finish brush
For the onion toppings
- 2-3 ganze Zwiebeln fine sliced
- 2-3 TBS white vinegar herbal, or apple
- 2-3 TBS Mayonaise or more
- 2-3 TBS Ketchup über einen 1:1 conversion
- 1/4 Kopf lettuce iceburg or a firm lettuce
For the meat
- 1 lb chuck roast diced and ground
- 1-2 Streifen Speck per burger
- 1 Scheibe Käse mild chedder is best
- 2 TBS Senf for a coating on the meat during cooking
- Combine ingredients and mix for about 8 minutes with an electric mixer, bread attachment. Cover with hot, wet towel and set aside to rise. Should double in size, über 1-2 Stunden
- Once risen, divide equally in 1/8 ths. Roll into bread buns, then cover again for about 10 meine, with a hot, wet towel. Return to finish up with the egg brushing, and topping off with poppy seeds
- Bake until golden brown. Take out and let cool
For the onion topping
- fine slice your onions, put them in a bowl together with the vinegar and let them marinate for a bit…not too long though (30 meine)
- Mix the mayo and ketchup together
- take the lettuce and dice it up, small pieces, but not too small
- Just before assembling the burgers, mix it together, then spread it on the bottom of the bun
For the meat
- Start out with a lean cut, preferably a chuck roast
- cube the meat
- grind it with a meat grinder, then form equal patty’s
- Prepare a pan with a bit of oil in it, be sure it gets nice and hot before you put the meat in. Cook as normal, but once the patty’s been cooked on both sides, paint each side (eine zu einem Zeitpunkt) with a thin layer of mustard. Cook again, jede Seite, über 1 minute.
- in a separate pan, (or same if you desire) cook the bacon and put it aside.
When the burgers are finished, put the cheese on, turn off the heat and put a lid on. Let it melt. Top the burger with the bacon and onions. Serve and enjoy