Raclette-Saison beginnt in der Regel, wenn die Temperaturen in der Schweiz beginnen zu fallen. Der erste Frost, der erste Schnee fördert der Gedanke an einer schönen warmen Raclette Mahlzeit Kopf füllt. Raclette ist ein wunderbares Gericht. Es entstand sowohl in der Französisch Region der Schweiz und in den Hochlagen der Alpen Französisch. This is not a surprise. Both regions are not only situated among the towering Alps, but are defined by a rich culture of cheese and family heritage. Ja, cheese is a culture that both lands pride themselves with.
This meal is designed to be shared together with family and friends around a warm grill, or fire. Let’s not ignore the specialty of a medium to firm cheese selected for this wonderful meal. As a result of coming from the cheese cultured land, every detail was properly arranged. For starters, not only is the cheese incredibly delicious and creamy, but who could ask for a more ingenious idea than to have the cheese cut in squares.
Just the right size for the mini-trays it sits in as it melts under the warm grill. The result of this fine cheese is no oily film or puddling of oil that you would get with other cheese when it melts. For this dish, melted cheese is accompanied by soft boiled potatoes, (boiled for about 8 Minuten) Every Swiss is said to have a raclette grill in the house-that along with the fondue pot. Two wonderful traditions, which have lasted hundreds of years.
- 200 Gramm Käse raclette cheese, semi-hard
- 3 zu 4 Mittel Kartoffeln gekocht
- 1 jar pickles smaller varieties
- 1 Tasse Apfelsoße to eat along with the potatoes and cheese
- assemble the potatoes in a pressure cooker, and just cover with water. Seal the lid, and when the pressure knob is raised, then set the timer for 8 meine. Assemble in a basket when cooked, wrapped in a napkin to keep warm
- plug the grill and set in the middle of the table. Each diner should have 1 oder 2 trays to put under the grill. It usually takes a good 15 meine. to warm up the grill.
- assemble the cheese. There are many assortments. Some cheese is plain, while others have pepper corns or garlic, or herbs in the cheese.
- Start: Put the cheese in the trays to put under the heat. It takes about 5 min. In the mean time, grab a potato, cut it up, and add a pickle or two, then when the cheese is melted, pour it over the potato. Add some fresh ground pepper, and enjoy.
The grill on top is used often for sausages, or other types of meat to accompany the cheese. We like to make a batch of crepes to cook after the cheese meal, to serve as a light dessert. The choice is yours.