Some Turkey guidelines
- Allow 1 pound of turkey per person.
- Buy your turkey only 1 a 2 days before you plan to cook it.
- Keep it stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook it. Place it on a tray or in a pan to catch any juices that may leak
Timetables for Turkey Roasting (350 °F oven temperature or 175°C)
- Basting: No, you do not need to baste. Convection ovens will sear the turkey very quickly, locking in the juices.
- If your turkey has a “pop-up” temperature indicator, it is recommended that you also check the internal temperature of the turkey in the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast with a food thermometer. The minimum internal temperature should reach 165 °F (74 ° C) for safety.
- For quality, let the turkey stand for 20-30 minutes before carving to allow juices to set. The turkey will carve with ease.
- Remove all stuffing from the turkey cavities
Tiempo de tueste (sin relleno) Tiempo de tueste (Relleno) std. Tiempo de tueste (Relleno) convection 8 a 12 libras 2¾ to 3 horas 3 to 3¼ hours 2 to 2¼ hours 12 a 14 libras 3 to 3¾ hours 3½ a 4 horas 2½ to 2¾ hours 14 a 18 libras 3¾ to 4¼ hours 4 to 4¼ hours 2¾ to 3¼ hours 18 a 20 libras 4¼ to 4½ hours 4¼ to 4¾ hours 3¼ to 3¾ hours 20 a 24 libras 4½ a 5 horas 4¾ to 5¼ hours 3¾ to 4¼ hours