Caqui & Pan de la nuez es una delicia por ejemplo cuando se hace con una gran receta. Lamentablemente, parece bastante difícil encontrar la receta adecuada por ahí en la web. Muy a mi pesar, la tendencia con pan caqui tiende a ser añadido con las pasas y frutas secas. Estoy en total desacuerdo.
Persimmon are a lovely fruit, orange in color, originating from Asia. There are several varieties out there, but we’re pretty much exposed to the two most popular ones. They are the Hachiya, and the Fuyu. The Hachiya is the more preferred version for baking. She is softer skinned and acorn shaped. Fuyu on the other hand the one that is eaten like an apple. It has a tougher skin and round shape. In addition to their beauty and delicious flavor, the persimmon is a powerhouse fruit, loaded with ant-oxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds and anti-tumor components. Who wouldn’t love the perfect persimmon.
Ciertamente, persimmons have enough taste and texture to pull off their own theme in baked goods, with out the addition of dried fruits and raisins. The persimmon & walnut bread was so pleasing, it deserves to be passed on. The moisture level here is impressive, with the slight cinnamon flair and who doens’t love walnuts with this combination.
Cut it up to go on a picnic, a hike, or just a mid-day snack. It travels with class and will not crumble or fall apart. Give this bread a go, and share it with whomever you can!
Caqui & Pan de la nuez
- 1/2 taza mantequilla soft and cut small
- 3/4 taza harina blanca basic flour
- 3/4 taza harina de trigo or a wheat blend
- 1 cdta bicarbonato de sosa
- 1 cdta sal
- 1 cdta canela or more if you prefer
- 3-4 medio presimmons ripe and soft, skinned
- 1/3 taza suero de la leche or milk with tsp. vinagre
- 1 taza azúcar
- 2 medio huevos
- 1 taza nueces
Elaboración paso a paso
- in a blender, mix skinned persimmons and buttermilk until smooth. set aside
- in your mixer, mix together butter, azúcar y los huevos
- mix dry and add to wet
- mix persimmon and buttermilk and mix until well combined
- pour in long loaf pan, lined with baking paper.Hornee @ 350 para 35 la mía., or until tester comes out clean
- cook, cut and serve. sprinkle powder sugar on top if you would like.