Fuente: Mi mamá, cir. 1970'S
Spaghetti and Meatballs are an all time classic! A encontrar este plato en casi todos los menús del restaurante italiano, y también es un plato que nunca he pedido en un restaurante, porque nunca estoy contento con él.
Mi madre debe de haberme echado a perder, porque sinceramente, nobody makes this dish better than my mom. Maybe it’s her slow-cook method for her red sauce, or just the perfect combination of ingredients from her meatballs, but it’s a slam dunk hit! In restaurants, the dish is always mediocre to less than mediocre. The meatballs are usually huge, and rather tasteless, while the spaghetti sauce is always lacking.
It’s my frustration with the Italian restaurants in America. No obstante, when I go to Italian restaurants in Italy, or Ticino (Italian side of Switzerland) and order this dish, the taste is just like home. I don’t know what the American/Italian’s are doing…but they have a bit of work to do in my opinion.
This is a lovely recipe, passed down from my mom, and my Nonna. It’s been in our family, circulating around the table for over a hundred years! Easy, delicioso, happy. 😉
Espagueti y albóndigas
- 1 lb fresh ground meat carne de vaca, pavo, Pollo, Cerdo
- 1/4 taza migas de pan
- 1 medio huevo
- 1-2 cdta hierbas romero, orégano
- 2 cdta sal
- 1 cdta bouillon base powder, beef if possible
- 1 cdta jengibre seco
- 1/4 taza grated parmesan
- 1 cdta semillas de anis Opcional
- 1-2 cdta ground black pepper
- 1 cdta mostaza
- 2 cdta birds eye chili’s
- 1 pequeña cebolla en dados finos
- 2-3 clavos de olor ajo picado
- 1 lb espaguetis
- 1 grande pot of red sauce slow-cooked all day.
Elaboración paso a paso
- combine all ingredients together and mix up with your hands to combine
- form individual balls, trying to keep them roughly all the same size
- bake in the oven @ 200 Celsius for about 20 mi, or until they are brown.
- when they are cooked, put them in the red sauce you have cooking on the stove. This allows them to suck up the sauce, and be a bit on the soft side after baking
- Servir y disfrutar!