A Berry delight
This recipe for Strawberry Mascarpone Tart will wow the socks off you. Es como un inocente, postre sencillo, no está seguro de qué esperar. Pero cuando se mire hacia arriba y toma su primer bocado, podrás Bee simplemente encantados.
Este postre baya de la luz es el equilibrio perfecto de dulzura, la suavidad y la crisis. The crust is a nice, ligero, yet buttery crust which is simple to assemble and bake. The mascarpone filling seems too simple to be true, but the filling is just that. Of course there is the possibility that the fresh organic strawberries are the show-stopper here. But I imagine whether it be strawberries, blue berries or raspberries, the result would be as divine as the other.
The Italian cream cheese
Mascarpone is a unique cheese product (as it’s classified) hailing from the Lombardy region of Italy. A region rich in meat and dairy products it’s no surprise. It’s said to be first noted in the 1500’s and has been used heavily in many versions of the Tiramisu recipe. This finished product is said to be a base of a high fat cream, combined together with a tartar or a citrus such as lemon juice for the purpose of thickening. From what I’m learning based on quick internet research, it seems quite easy to make on your own. The product I’m using is a thick, creamy version and I think it worked quite well when whipped with sugar in an electric mixer.
Another plus to this dessert, it solves your angst on how you might use your fresh strawberries. This is in my opinion, the perfect summer-time dessert.
Fresa Tarta de mascarpone
For the buttery crust
- 3/4 taza mantequilla suave, a temperatura ambiente
- 1/3 taza azúcar en polvo
- 1 cdta vanilla bean
- 1 pellizcar sal
- 2 tazas harina
for the filing
- 3/4 taza de crema de leche
- 2 TBS azúcar
- 3/4 taza queso mascarpone
- 1 lb strawberries washed and sliced
Elaboración paso a paso
- for the crust, combine the butter, powder sugar vanilla bean, salt and flour. You can mix by hand or in the electric mixer. Mix until combined. Roll dough out and line a 9″ removable bottom tart pan. Line the bottom and up the sides with the dough. Poke holes with a fork, luego hornear @ 400 degrees and bake for about 15 la mía.
- when crust is baked and completely cooled off, begin to mix your filling. Whip together heavy cream, azúcar, mascarpone until nice and smooth. Fill the crust and smooth out.
- cut and clean your strawberries, put on top. serve immediately.