Este vegetariana pimientos rellenos y plato de berenjena convierte en una opción perfecta durante el pico del verano. Para uno, los vegetales de pimientos, calabacín, Berenjena, los tomates están en el pico de la producción de verano. Yo digo en segundo lugar como una vegetariana recién convertida, se convierte en un maravilloso opción de servir para la familia y amigos. Más, who wouldn’t love this lovely display of ‘eating the rainbow as you serve up your lovely dish of vegan stuffed peppers and eggplant!
A Vegan alternitive
I’m proud to find new meat-less alternatives when cooking, and being that this dish is 100% vegano, the perfect alternative to meat is this deliciously light couscous filling. A healthy wonderful grain derived from durum wheat. We know durum wheat products because its derived for semolina flour. We know semolina flour for making pasta.
The process of this end product is finished by crushing the durum into granules, rather than ground into flour. Originating from North Africa, this ancient grain has made its mark in Middle-Eastern cuisine, as well as throughout southern Europe and the U.S.
The possibilities of cooking with couscous are endless. I am not new to couscous. As I have served this dish up on it’s own on serveral occasions. Couscous is traditionally mixed with lemon juice, fresh parsley, garlic and tomatoes. A dish with unique foreign flavor that is hard to beat. Additionally to my own crafty version, this was a dish often served by my Middle-Eastern friends, in particular, my Palestinian friends. Using couscous for a filling in a dish like the stuffed peppers, is a great option. Non-vegans usually fill the peppers, calabacín, tomates, eggplant with a rice, ground lamb/beef combination. Also a delicious alternative, sin embargo, now vegan, I’m in search for healthier alternatives.
Simple recipe, great results
Just bake in the oven for about 20 acta, then served. It couldn’t be easier. There’s no waste with the filling of the vegetables, and the taste is delicious.
Veganos Pimientos Rellenos y berenjena
- 200 gramos couscous follow instructions on package
- 1 TBS vegetable bouillon add to cooking water in couscous
- 1 todo limón juice only
- 2 medio Berenjena cut in middle, then hollowed out, save flesh
- 2-3 medio whole bell peppers tops cut, seeds cleaned
- 1 grande cebolla en cubitos, sautee with flesh of eggplant
- 1-2 clavos de olor ajo aplastada, added into finished couscous
- 1-2 TBS aceite de oliva for cooking
- 1-2 pellizcos sal y pimienta
- 1 manojo flat parsley Fresco & Cortado, add into finished couscous
- 1-2 TBS aceite de oliva add into finished couscous
- 2 todo tomates en cubitos, add into finished couscous
Elaboración paso a paso
- en un recipiente grande de metal, add your dry couscous, plus double the amount of hot boiling water. pour over, cover with lid, and let stand for 15 mi. Water will be absorbed and grain will be soft and cooked
- Cut the eggplant in half, then scoop our the flesh. Dejar de lado. Take the tops off the peppers, scoop out the seeds, set aside together with the eggplant into a roasting dish.
- saute the eggplant flesh and onion, together until soft.
- fill the base of the eggplants with the eggplant saute.
- once couscous is cooked, add diced parsley, jugo de limon, ajo, sat/pepper, and olive oil. mezclar todo junto.
- fill peppers, and eggplant
- bake in oven @ 200°C for about 20 mi.