Cottage Pie est un classique britannique. Similaire au bien connu, “Pie Shepherd”, le chalet est fait avec du bœuf, tout est fait de berger avec de l'agneau. Je suis tombé amoureux de la cuisine traditionnelle britannique. J'ai assez vu période »’ films de plus Britian, and always get a feeling of intrigue when I see the families sitting around a nice olden wooden table, eating up their cottage or shepherd pie servings. It just looks delicious, warm and very traditionally wholesome. This dish warms you from the inside out. Cold wintry days are pretty common in the blistery British climate. They make many dishes which include a crust, a filling, puis cuit au four. This however has no under crust, just a crust of mashed or whipped potatoes on the top, which is then browned.
En bref, this recipes hails the traditional combinations of meat, potato’s and vegetables under one canopy. When I made this and served it, we all thought is triggered our version of ‘chicken pot pie“. Cependant, there’s more contrasts in that opinion than just chicken. This cottage pie is cooked in a white wine sauce, and thickened with tomato puree and stock. It’s simmered to perfection. My recipe was taken from my favorite crust book called, “Le livre de recettes Pie” by William Sonoma. A truly handy cookbook to reach for when making any form of pie, be it apple, or cottage pie. Excellent recipes, and references that deliver top results.
Cottage Pie (Pie Shepherd)
- 2 lbs pommes de terre 1kg
- 1-2 pincer sel for cooking water
- 2 SCT huile d'olive
- 2 lbs ground beef or lamb 1kg. lamb is for shepherd’s pie
- 1 yellow onion en dés
- 3 grand carottes peeled and cut in cubes
- 3 réserves céleri en dés
- 2 clous de girofle ail en dés
- 2/3 tasses vin blanc 160 ml.
- 1 1/2 tasses ckicken broth or stock 375 ml
- 2 c pâte de tomate
- 1 1/2 c worcestershire
- 1 c moutarde de Dijon
- 1 SCT herbes romarin, sauge, origan
- 1 tasse pois 155grammes
- 4 SCT beurre for mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 tasse half/half for mashed potatoes
- 1/2 c muscade moulue
- in a stock pot, dice onion and cook until translucent. Meanwhile, peel and cut carrots, garlic and celery. Then, combine to cooked onions. Cook for about 5 ma. on medium heat until soft. Add wine and let reduce half, sur 5 ma.
- add tomato puree with stock liquid worcestershire and mustard along with herbs. cook for about 10 min., or until it thickens
- add peas
- pendant ce temps, brown meat in a frying pan, draining fat and liquid. Reserve until other mixture is cooked and ready to be combined.
- combine the ingredients into a nice ceramic baking dish. Meat and veg mixture go first, topped with your mashed potato mixture on top.
- put a few dabs of butter on top of mashed potato’s, followed with remaining rosmary along with salt and pepper. Bake @ 200C. pour environ 15 min., or until golden brown on top
- servir et profiter