This is a lovely option to serve any time of day really. I made this mushroom leek tart for an Easter brunch I hosted. It was the hit. A very simple combination of my 2 favorite vegetables, leek and mushrooms, plus the addition of garlic and herbs really pull it in strong.
Cependant, I do have a bit of guilt on this post, as it’s not one hundred percent made from scratch. The recipe I pulled was from the country living website. I found some pretty inspirational recipes there for my Sunday Easter brunch. In the recipe, it called for puff pastry. To be honest, I have a bit of an intimidation factor in making puff pastry. I think it would be manageable, but it’s one of those doughs I just haven’t mastered.
In French, the name is pâte feuilletée and is known as a master dough which is layered with alternating flour and butter or fat layers. It’s quite hard to make. Possible, Oui, but very intensive. Thus, when the time calls, one can get some ready made dough either from their local bakery, or from the frozen section in the local markets. I opted for the frozen item from the local market. It works beautifully, and contains less than 3 Ingrédients. Si, a pretty clean dough.
Getting back to the recipe, this is a great combination and produces a wonderful end result. Make this tart for breakfast, déjeuner, ou dîner. Serve along with an accompanying dish, or simply enjoy alone.
Champignons Tarte aux poireaux
- 3 SCT beurre
- 1 lb champignons émincé
- 1-2 grand poireau sliced in thin rings
- 2 clous de girofle ail haché
- 1 pincer sel et poivre
- 1 paquet puff pastry thawed
- 2 SCT dijon mustard
- 1 oz parmesan râpé
- 1 grand œuf battu
- 2-4 twigs thym taken off stem and cut
- Préchauffez le four à 400 Farenheit. Melt butter in skillet and add mushrooms, add leek, garlic and thyme. Cook until golden and leeks are soft.
- roll out the pastry. cut in 2 rectangles, even in size. put on a paper lined baking sheet, and add in evenly distributed amounts, the mushroom/leek sautee, and sprinkle on cheese. Paint the egg on the edges of the dough.
- cuire environ 15 min., or until dough is golden on edges.