Abbinamenti Belle di dolce, tangy cranberry and turkey
This sweet and tangy cranberry salad is a consideration on the list of great food pairings. Something similar to tortilla chips and salsa, pane e olio d'oliva, pomodori e basilico, alcune cose sono solo destinati a stare insieme. Per molti di noi, we know the fine essences cranberries have. They are bitter, tangy and sweet. How could we ever imagine this sweet tangy delight paired together with turkey, or better yet, the turkey sandwich? As history demonstrates, the cranberry was observed at the first celebration in 1621. It was more than likely used together with dried meats preserved from the natives. Our version however, did not get its sweet flair until about 50 years later when it was suggested to add sugar to this berry.
The Natives loved this berry and had many uses for it. The berry was native to mostly the pacific north west and coastal regions. This berry is very difficult to harvest, ancora, somehow worth the work. The natives used this berry for all things in their lives. From good health, to surviving the winter, to dying their clothing and tanning their skins, to fine dining. In short, perhaps its always been in human nature to recognized a fine food when they found it.
The magic of left-overs
We’ve seemed to carry many traditions from this “Ringraziamento” Jamestown edition. My mom passed this onto me, her famous cranberry salad. Every year, her Thanksgiving feasts seem to get better and better. Consequently, if you’re wondering what my mother’s meal was like, just take a look at my meal. She laid the ground work for us to follow. As a result of her fine traditions, there were always left-overs. Ma, left-overs became almost as important to our family as the Thanksgiving meal itself. We’d all show up at the house and await the open-faced turkey sandwich. Ma, would it have been the same with out the “sweet and tangy cranberry salad” used as a sandwich topper? I’m not so sure. Give your hand to this delicious pairing of sweet and tangy, see what your left over day is like.
Dolce e piccante di mirtillo insalata
- 1 pacchetto mirtilli o 2 tazze essiccati
- 4-6 lenzuola gelatina o gelatina
- 1 tazza zucchero
- 1 può ananas schiacciato
- 1 totale Mela
- 1/2 tazza noci
- 1/2 tazza tutta la crema opzionale
- Ho scegliere di utilizzare i mirtilli secchi e ammollo in acqua per circa 10 il mio. per plump loro di nuovo. Mantenere i succhi, aggiungere la gelatina in fogli o agar-agar, e versare in un processore mixer o cibo
- aggiungere lo zucchero, mele ananas e impulsi
- aggiungere le noci e il polso un paio di volte, don’t go full puree. It’s nice to have some texture
- aggiungere la panna se si desidera, questo alleggerisce il colore e lo rende un po crema. Mettere in un contenitore e mettere se frigo notte eccedere.
- il giorno successivo, it’s ready to be a nice topper for your turkey or other meat of choice