I have another Lasagna post, but it's my mom's recipe. It's a little different in that it's used with her bolognese sauce, and she does not use a bechamel sauce. I was really inspired to incorporate my latest discovery (my bechamel), so this is what spawned my second lasagna post. I guess you can figure that my recipe is the 'vegetarian' version, as it has no meat, and my mom's is with meat. The meat-less recipe is delicious. I personally could not tell the meat was missing, it was that good. Whip up your version of a timeless dish-the question is, with behamel, or without?
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 31 minutes
Total Time 51 minutes
- 1 box lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 can tomatoes for sauce
- 1 clove garlic for sauce
- 2-4 TBS italian herbs
- 2 pinches salt
- 2-4 TBS olive oil
- 300 grams mozzarella cheese or 3 medium balls
- 1 portion bechemel see recipe under bechemal
- gather all your ingredients and ready yourself for assembly: pre-made bechemel and red sauce is recommended so that you are ready to assembly quickly or in a steady pace with out interruption.
- smear some olive oil and red sauce at the base of the dish
- cut your mozzarella in nice even slices
- begin with your first layer: sauce, noodle, bechamel
- and continue, with mozzarella and then the next layer
- and now the 3rd layer
- and final.
Bake in hot oven @ 200 Celsius until bubbly and golden.