As a young girl, my first job was working at Marie Calander's Pie Shop and Restaurant. They made the most amazing, sinful cheesecake, dat 30 jaar later, I still remember. The trick while working at the restaurant was to purposely mis-cut the cake, thus making it un-servable to customers. This in turn meant that we could take home a free mis-cut cheesecake! What a deal. In the span of 30 years since working there, I have never made a plain Cheesecake, until this Thanksgiving (2018). My thoughts on this lovely little delight is that it is a definite staple on the Thanksgiving menu. Perhaps, it's just too rich of a cake to enjoy it more than once a year, but Cheesecake is a seasonal cake for me. This simple recipe has only 6 basic ingredients. There are a few steps involved in preparing the cake, but the steps are clear and the results are unbeatable! Treat your family and friends to your version of the simplest, best cake around...the Cheesecake.Genieten!
Voorbereidingstijd 15 notulen
Kooktijd 45 notulen
Totale tijd 1 uur
porties 1 cake
Voor de Korst
- 1 1/2 cups petite burre of Grahm crackers, crushed
- 3 TBS suiker
- 1/4 beker boter gesmolten
Voor de vulling:
- 16 oz roomkaas
- 1/2 beker suiker
- 3 medium eieren
- 1 pint zure room for top layer
- 1/4 beker suiker for top layer
Voor de korst
- assemble all your ingredients. yes, there are only a few, but it's complicated to keep going to the fridge to get this and that.
- once all assembled, crush your crackers in a food processor until smooth
- add your melted butter
- stir up with a wooden spoon
- assemble crust into bottom of your spring form pan. use a measuring cup to smooth out the edges and ensure an even crust
voor het vullen:
- mix the cream cheese, sugar and eggs, een per keer, and be careful not to over-mix
- assemble the mixture and pour over the crust.
- tap the sides of the pan to help out any air bubbles that might be trapped.
Bak @ 180 C. voor ongeveer 25-30 mijn. or until center is firm and not jiggly
- mix the sour cream and sugar
- take baked cake out of the oven, laat afkoelen voor ongeveer 10 min., meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 200 C., Pour mixture over top of cooled cake.
- bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool then chill for at least 4 hours.