Aaah, what’s not to love about home-made Chicken Noodle Soup. This falls under the heritage, en het comfort gedeelte van elk recept boek, and is often related to Mom’s. This soup is a power-house of goodness, and is a dish often made to warm, verzachten, and heal each and every family member that mom makes it for. I know my mom has been making chicken noodle for decades. It often reminds me of winter, or after a holiday when my mom would make her voorraad base from the left over bird parts. The beauty with this soup, is that you can add and create anything you’d like. You can add peas, aardappelen, selderij, knolselderij, gember, knoflook, spring garlic…the possibilities are countless. Daarnaast, the longer this soup simmers, the more flavor it packs in.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 geheel knolselderij geschild en in blokjes, or cubed
- 4 aan 6 geheel wortelen geschild, halved, then quarted and cut into cubes
- 1 groot ui blokjes
- 2 aan 3 knobs gember peeled and cut or shredded
- 1 aan 2 kruidnagel knoflook pressed
- 6 cups water
- 1 knijpen zout en peper
- 1 aan 2 stukken kip leg/thigh combo, or a breast, or entire chicken
- 1 bundle kruiden combine rosemary, salie, and oregano
- 1/4 pond pasta noedel, or whichever type you desire
- get your veg. ingrediënten, clean, cut and add into your large stock pot
- add water & chicken and begin to cook on high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Turn the heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for as long as you can-this is where the flavor maximizes here. When cooked, if you need to take the chicken pieces out to de-bone, doe het dan, or if you’ve cooked a boneless piece, it should be ready to serve. Serve along with a nice fresh roll, or farmer style bread.