Bron: My Mom, cir. 1970'S
Spaghetti and Meatballs are an all time classic! You find this dish on just about every Italian restaurant’s menu, and it’s also a dish I never order in a restaurant, because I’m never happy with it.
My mom must have spoiled me, because honestly, nobody makes this dish better than my mom. Maybe it’s her slow-cook method for her red sauce, or just the perfect combination of ingredients from her meatballs, but it’s a slam dunk hit! In restaurants, the dish is always mediocre to less than mediocre. The meatballs are usually huge, and rather tasteless, while the spaghetti sauce is always lacking.
It’s my frustration with the Italian restaurants in America. Echter, when I go to Italian restaurants in Italy, or Ticino (Italian side of Switzerland) and order this dish, the taste is just like home. I don’t know what the American/Italian’s are doing…but they have a bit of work to do in my opinion.
This is a lovely recipe, passed down from my mom, and my Nonna. It’s been in our family, circulating around the table for over a hundred years! Gemakkelijk, heerlijk, happy. 😉
Spaghetti en gehaktballen
- 1 pond fresh ground meat beef, Turkije, kip, varkensvlees
- 1/4 beker broodkruimels
- 1 medium ei
- 1-2 theelepel kruiden rosmarijn, oregano
- 2 theelepel zout
- 1 theelepel bouillon base powder, beef if possible
- 1 theelepel gember droog
- 1/4 beker grated parmesan
- 1 theelepel anijszaad facultatief
- 1-2 theelepel gemalen zwarte peper
- 1 theelepel mosterd-
- 2 theelepel birds eye chili’s
- 1 klein ui fijne blokjes
- 2-3 kruidnagel knoflook fijngemaakt
- 1 pond spaghetti
- 1 groot pot of red sauce slow-cooked all day.
- combine all ingredients together and mix up with your hands to combine
- form individual balls, trying to keep them roughly all the same size
- bake in the oven @ 200 Celsius voor ongeveer 20 mijn, or until they are brown.
- when they are cooked, put them in the red sauce you have cooking on the stove. This allows them to suck up the sauce, and be a bit on the soft side after baking
- dienen en te genieten!