The hippy bowl is many things to many people. But in short, the hippy bowl is a healthy meal crammed full of just about anything you can find. For instance, gogi berries, zonnebloemzaden, sprouts, quinoa, rijst, sla, wortelen, tomaten, avocado, and on, and on, and on.
I find the hippy bowl to be not only amazingly delicious, but it’s a meal which honors our bodies. I believe the goal of the hippy bowl is the balance the yin and yang in foods. Giving a crunch with a soft, a tart with a sweet, a hot with a mild. If you keep these principles in mind, the sky is the limit.
Sometimes it seems the toppers and the dressing is the key element to your bowl. But it’s not. In this particular version of the bowl, I used Basamati rice, steamed broccoli, lettuce leaves, a shaved carrot, toasted sunflower seeds and added a bit of cooked beef. I then topped the bowl with a drizzle of peanut butter and agave. Het was geweldig! You can top with Greek yoghurt and dill, creme fraische with shallots, a tahini or a simple olive oil and rice vinegar.
Think alternitive when you’re preparing. I believe then you’ll understand this is a limitless dish.
De Hippy Bowl
- 1 handvol washed lettuce gehakt
- 1 beker basamati rijst gekookt
- 1 voor de helft avocado gesneden
- 1 voor de helft ui
- 2-4 TBS seeds or nuts
- groenten uw keuze
- vlees if you desire
- dressing uw keuze
- get yourself a nice bowl. This is a layered dish, so I begin with the lettuce on the bottom, then the grain (quinoa, rijst, lentles, etc ..) groenten, a meat if you desire, your avocado, then onion, topped with nuts or seeds, or sprouts.
- choose your dressing, then enjoy