Timetable for Turkey Roasting based on weight will be the main topic in this post. Below is the timetable for roasting your turkey and some other basic information on how to prepare for Thanksgiving. In order to prepare a Thanksgiving meal you need to know a few things.
- How to calculate the size/weight of your turkey?
- How long to roast your turkey?
- At what temperature to roast your turkey?
Since we are trying to make each Thanksgiving different, it is probably best to search on our site for all the turkey posts. Below a few guidelines and a timetable to roast your turkey.
- Basting: Nee, you do not need to baste. Convection ovens will sear the turkey very quickly, locking in the juices.
- If your turkey has a “pop-up” temperature indicator, it is recommended that you also check the internal temperature of the turkey in the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast with a food thermometer. The minimum internal temperature should reach 165 ° F (74 ° C) for safety.
- Ideal oven temperature is 350 °F or 175°C, see table below for roasting time
- For quality, let the turkey stand for 20-30 minutes before carving to allow juices to set. The turkey will carve with ease.
Remove all stuffing from the turkey cavities
Timetable for Turkey Roasting
|roosteren Time (unstuffed)||roosteren Time (Gevuld) std.||roosteren Time (Gevuld) convection|
|8 aan 12 ponden||2¾ to 3 uur||3 to 3¼ hours||2 to 2¼ hours|
|12 aan 14 ponden||3 to 3¾ hours||3½ tot 4 uur||2½ to 2¾ hours|
|14 aan 18 ponden||3¾ to 4¼ hours||4 to 4¼ hours||2¾ to 3¼ hours|
|18 aan 20 ponden||4¼ to 4½ hours||4¼ to 4¾ hours||3¼ to 3¾ hours|
|20 aan 24 ponden||4½ tot 5 uur||4¾ to 5¼ hours||3¾ to 4¼ hours|
- Allow 1 pound of turkey per person
- Buy your turkey only 1 aan 2 days before you plan to cook it
- Keep it stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook it. Place it on a tray or in a pan to catch any juices that may leak