Open Face Cheese and Ham Melt
My husband's family brings this simple delight to the table. This is a simple, open faced sandwich which is cooked with the idea of using the left-over fondue cheese from the night before, or the left over cheese from Raclette. Simply by adding a slice of ham, prosciutto, or a topping of peppers or pineapple, this is a delicious ready-made snack to turn into an entire lunch meal, a light afternoon snack, or a light dinner. My family all really enjoy this simple treasure, and I hope you find it as delightful as we do.
- 5-10 slices bread artesian, farm or sliced bread
- 2-4 TBS olive oil to brush lightly on the toasted bread
- 5-10 slices cheese left over from Fondue, or Raclette or thick slices of cheese
- toppers pickles, pineapple, peppers
- 1 red pepper top before baking
- 5-10 slices thin meat prociutto, ham, or salami
slice the bread, toast it, and line it in a paper lined baking dish. Brush lightly with olive oil, then put a slice of prosciutto on, followed by cheese. (add pineapple for baking)
Bake @ 200 degrees Celsius, for about 15 min, or until cheese is melted.
Top with a pickle, or whatever else you desire. Eat with hand, or knife and fork.