Source: Mother-in-law cir. 1990’s
For all those times when your raspberry bushes are overproducing for you, or when you just have an abundance of berries. This is a simple, great crumble to make. It's typical for a summer time dessert and holds the bounty of summer in it. It's light, fluffy and enjoyed by the young and old. Enjoy!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 people
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp himalayian salt
- 1/3 cup butter soft butter is best for mixing
- 3/4 cup raw sugar or turbinado
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or pure powder
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup raw sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 170° Celsius and grease a 9" square cake pan
- Together, whip butter, sugar and egg until well combined and creamy
- Add your dry ingredients together in a bowl, and then combine dry with wet on low speed, until well combined
- Finish by adding the milk, slowly.
- Transfer finished batter to your baking square and fill.
- Add washed berries to the top
- Begin to make your crumble. Combine the 3 ingredients, and with your paddle attachment, use your mixer to achieve a nice, even crumble.
- Layer the crumble on top, and bake 45 min, or until finished.