This delicious recipe “Roasted Stuffed Zucchini”, is adapted from Ina Garten’s “Parmesan Roasted Zucchini”. I made a few tweaks to mine, but only because I used what I had on hand. The outcome of these delicious courgettes was slammed with flavor that was so subtle, crunchy and flat out delicious! The moral of this recipe is, don’t be discouraged if you don’t have the exact ingredients. Substitute where needed if it makes sense.
For example, Ina called for Parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, basil leaves and parsley. Well, I had on hand a hard grading cheese, fresh spring onions, rosemary, and regular breadcrumbs. I just substituted, yet stuck to the required amount, and this was a seriously delicious dish. This is a perfect dish for warm summer days where you just want to grill, or cook light. This is also a great meal when accompanied with rice for example. So go on, get your Zucchini on.
- 6 medium zucchini sliced and hollowed out
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 TBS fresh herbs rosemary, parsley, etc
- 1/2 cup cheese graded, you choose, parmesan, or gruyere
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs normal or panko
- 1-2 TBS olive oil for drizzle
- 1-2 TBS salt for skins in the first bake
- preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Wash and slice zucchini. Slice in half (length wise), core out with a spoon
- lay cored zucchini face down, drizzle with olive oil and salt and bake for about 12 minutes
- begin to make your stuffing by combing all ingredients in a bowl
- take out baked zucchini
- now, add your stuffing to each hollowed zucchini
- bake for about 15 minutes, or until stuffing is golden
- serve alone or with a side dish.enjoy