Source: Adapted from MarthaStewart.com
Great simple recipe. You will never buy another snicker doodle again! Your home-made cookies taste miles better. This is another recipe which will be requested by your kids.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
Servings 5 people
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbs butter 1 stick (125gr)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs large
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter, shortening, and 1 ½ C. sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients, and beat to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ C. sugar and the ground cinnamon. Use a small ice-cream scoop to form balls of the dough, and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until the cookies are set in center and begin to crack, but not brown. Take out, cool and transfer to cooling rack.